The protection of your privacy and the protection of personal data are very important to us. We therefore proceed with all data processing operations on our website (e.g. collection, processing and use) in accordance with the legal provisions of the GDPR. The following declaration gives you an overview about which of your data are processed on the www.pat-ks.de website (provided with a link) and how this data are being used, which security measures we have taken to protect your data and how you can get information about the information given to us.
1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing and the company’s data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: Stumpf Patentanwälte PartGmbB, Alte Weinsteige 73, D-70597 Stuttgart, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +49 711 658 381-1, Fax: +49 711 658 381-55
The company data protection officer Heike Gross at Stumpf Patentanwälte PartGmbB can be reached at the address indicated above, to the attention of Ms. Heike Gross, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of their use
When you visit our website www.pat-ks.de, the browser used on your terminal automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the inquiring computer
- Date and time you visited our site
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances, we will use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR
- the disclosure according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR, as well
- it is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie, which results in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal for a specific period of time.
In case you visit our website again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tool
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. With the used tracking measures, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”), in order to permit the design of the website to suit market needs and to optimize our pages. In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see under item 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type / version
- Used operating system
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of the server request
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and the needs-based design of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data by proxy. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
c) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website for you, we further use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords places a cookie on your computer (see item 4) if you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Every Adwords customer receives a unique cookie. Therefore, cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information obtained by using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers obtan information about the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that can be used to personally identify users.
If you do not want to participate in the tracking process, you can also reject the setting of a cookie required for this – for example via a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” are blocked. Google’s data protection information on conversion tracking can be found here (https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
6. Rights of the persons affected
You have the right:
- to obtain information about the personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of a right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data recorded by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to obtain the erasure of your personal data recorded by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, insofar as the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to obtain restriction of processing of your data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR insofar as the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data for the purposes of processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 para 1 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request transfer of those data to another controller,
- to withdraw your consent once given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para 3 GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. In general, you may contact a supervisory authority at your habitual residence, place of work or place of our business seat.
7. Right to object
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you shall have the right to object, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6 para 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR, on grounds relating to your particular situation, or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
In case you wish to make use of your right to object, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Data security
When you visit our website, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level, which is supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We further use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Security in communication and data transmission is very important to us. We offer secure encryption techniques in the context of email communication. Please contact us about these options, we will be happy to inform you about them.
9. Up-to-dateness and revision of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and was last updated in May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers about it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to adapt this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://pat-ks.de/privacy-statement/?lang=zh-hans.